Friday, December 2, 2011

A little sewing - a little late

Here is my most recent sewing project.  It has taken me more than a week to finish this one.  It is for my friends birthday that was more than a week ago.  I have been planning this for months but actually getting to it was harder than I expected.  I think if I sat down and did it in one go from start to finish it would have taken just over an hour.  If I had of used pre-made bias binding, instead of making my own, I think I could have done it in about 30 mins.  It's hard to believe that finding an hour to sew is so hard but lately it has been.

Anyway - here is my latest pot holder.  Made with fabric from the Venda tribe in South Africa.






3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great gift! I love useful things that look great and are handmade... how did you come across the material? grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace - the fabric was given to me by my south african friend - I thought it would be nice to make her a present out of the fabric she gave me since she doesn't sew. Ainsley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you managed to finish it! & blog it! good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to 'chat' with me!